- This event has passed.
Queens, NY | Body of Knowledge Introductory Series | @BambooYOGA 200hr Teacher Training
September 10, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
One event on July 9, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on August 6, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on September 10, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on October 8, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on November 5, 2019 at 6:00 pm
August 6, 2019: Module 3 – Joint Structural Variation
September 10, 2019: Module 4 – Muscle Physiology pt. 1: How Muscles Contract
October 8, 2019: Module 5 – Muscle Physiology pt. 2: Passive vs. Active Range of Motion
November 5, 2019: Module 6 – The Nervous System and Breathing
Body of Knowledge Introductory Series distills and synthesizes the most relevant anatomy and biomechanics knowledge for beginning students and teachers. The class atmosphere is one of experiential playfulness and inquiry. Hands-on, movement-centered learning governs the majority of time you spend studying anatomy and biomechanics in Body of Knowledge. In order for this knowledge to stick and be applicable, it must be explored in an embodied way.
Body of Knowledge Anatomy for 200hr Trainees explores and combines knowledge of several key areas of body science including:
- Anatomy, the study of the names and locations of bodily structures.
- Biomechanics, the study of the effect that forces, like mechanical stress, have on the ways our structures adapt or maladapt.
- Kinesiology, the study of movement and the practice of naming it specifically at joints.
- Physiology, the study of how tissues function in systems, for example, how muscle function depends entirely on the nervous system.
- Pain Science, an emerging science still heavily researched that looks at how pain is expressed in the body and how our experience of pain is influenced through biological, psychological and social phenomenon.