New York, NY | Body of Knowledge Introductory Series | @Yoga Union
September 30 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on October 21, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on November 4, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on November 18, 2019 at 6:00 pm
- Anatomy, the study of the names and locations of bodily structures.
- Biomechanics, the study of the effect that forces, like mechanical stress, have on the ways our structures adapt or maladapt.
- Kinesiology, the study of movement and the practice of naming it specifically at joints.
- Physiology, the study of how tissues function in systems, for example, how muscle function depends entirely on the nervous system.
- Pain Science, an emerging science still heavily researched that looks at how pain is expressed in the body and how our experience of pain is influenced through biological, psychological and social phenomenon.