Body of Knowledge | Introductory Series | Yoga Union 200hr Teacher Training, New York, NY
September 30 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
One event on October 21, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on November 4, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on November 18, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Body of Knowledge Introductory Series distills and synthesizes the most relevant anatomy and biomechanics knowledge for beginning students and teachers. The class atmosphere is one of experiential playfulness and inquiry. Hands-on, movement-centered learning governs the majority of time you spend studying anatomy and biomechanics in Body of Knowledge. In order for this knowledge to stick and be applicable, it must be explored in an embodied way.
Body of Knowledge Anatomy for 200hr Trainees explores and combines knowledge of several key areas of body science including:
- Anatomy, the study of the names and locations of bodily structures.
- Biomechanics, the study of the effect that forces, like mechanical stress, have on the ways our structures adapt or maladapt.
- Kinesiology, the study of movement and the practice of naming it specifically at joints.
- Physiology, the study of how tissues function in systems, for example, how muscle function depends entirely on the nervous system.
- Pain Science, an emerging science still heavily researched that looks at how pain is expressed in the body and how our experience of pain is influenced through biological, psychological and social phenomenon.