Philadelphia Area | Mainline Yoga Shala | Yoga with Resistance Bands | Pigeon Pose Reimagined
April 6, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
PIGEON POSE REIMAGINED
Strong is the new flexible!
- Ready to take your practice and teaching beyond the context of “traditional” yoga asana?
- Unsure of how to integrate strength and stability work into your yoga classes?
- Struggling with frequently injuring and re-injuring yourself in yoga?
- Seeking non-traditional modes of strength-building?
This complete and well-rounded hip-stability and mobility-focused class explores a combination of corrective exercises and classic asanas building toward the skills of popular hip openers like pigeon pose. After a dynamic, logical and playful sequence, you will practice a hip opening sequence statically held, as well as in an adventurous, dynamically-flowing way.
Learn ways to incorporate resistance bands and add some serious spice to some oldie-but-goodie
hip-opening and hip-strengthening poses!
In Pigeon Pose Reimagined you will:
- Work on skills like building hip flexibility and stability along with core strength.
- Increase your ankle stability and find a greater sense of balance.
- Experience how working with external resistance can lead you toward a stronger and more fully-integrated experience of your hips.
- If you frequently suffer from SI joint and hamstring attachment injuries, you may acquire useful strategies for less pain and better strength and stability in these areas!
Resistance bands are provided.