- This event has passed.
NYC | YogaWorks 200hr Teacher Training | Spring Weekend Format
April 7, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - April 15, 2018 @ 6:30 pm
April 7 – July 1
Saturdays & Sundays 12p-6:30pm
Meets the following 12 weekends:
April 7-8, 14-15, 21-22 & 28-29
May 5-6, 12-13 & 19-20
June 2-3, 9-10, 16-17, 23-24 & 30
Contact the program advisor, Cynthia Bettis: firstname.lastname@example.org
For aspiring teachers and serious students of yoga, the YogaWorks 200hr Teacher Training is one of the most comprehensive yoga teacher training programs in the world. Taking inspiration from the two foundational styles of western yoga, Ashtanga and Iyengar, YogaWorks has created its own style that melds the athletic, breath-centered flow of Ashtanga yoga and the precise art and science of alignment coined by the Iyengar method. Yogaworks teacher trainees will begin each day with an intense asana (postural yoga) practice that focuses on a different family of poses each session. After a thorough physical exploration of an asana theme, the rest of the day is spent learning how to translate this newly and more clearly understood personal practice into effective teaching. Days often include rigorous classroom inquiry, posture labs, and practice teaching. Students in the YogaWorks Teacher Training will also study anatomy and physiology, learn the names of the yoga postures in Sanskrit, explore yoga’s philosophical backbone – the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – investigate Subtle Body and Ayurvedic Science, as well as practice meditation and pranayama.
What sets the YogaWorks Teacher Training apart?
- Experience: The curriculum is time tested for over 25 years.
- Intelligent sequencing: Learn the art and science of designing a intelligent and dynamic yoga class.
- Learn to truly teach, not just recite: Serve your students by instructing their bodies into alignment with clear and effective language.
- Platform for developing your own style: Find your own unique voice as a teacher.
- An elite global network: The YogaWorks Teacher Training is respected