- This event has passed.
NYC | Body of Knowledge™: Joint Play | Anatomy & Biomechanics Series
April 10, 2018 @ 1:30 pm - June 19, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
6 Modules | Tuesdays 1:30-5pm | YogaWorks Westside
(Studio software constraints require module-by-module enrollment. If you wish to enroll in several, you can save time by calling the studio 212-769-9642.)
By April 10: $59/module, full series $354
By April 17: $69/module
This dynamic workshop series will systematically empower you with a thorough understanding of the body’s major joints. Get ready to apply concepts experientially and learn through embodied engagement. Optional home study aids provided.
Each module you will:
- Explore the joints’ predominate structures and surrounding tissues through movement and hands-on learning.
- Gain understanding of common injuries to these tissues and best practices for addressing these injuries in the context of yoga.
- Learn common structural variations of the joint, and how these variations affect a student’s approach to common asanas.
- Discover the ‘why’ behind optimal position strategies for this joint in the asanas.
- Apply biomechanically-informed reasoning to understanding how these joints are commonly over or underloaded.
This series covers and then goes beyond anatomy introduced in yoga teacher training. No anatomy or teaching experience is necessary.