- This event has passed.
Queens, NYC | BambooMoves | Yoga with Resistance Bands | Hip Deep
June 22 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Building Standing Strength through Resistance
- Ready to take your practice and teaching beyond the context of “traditional” yoga asana?
- Unsure of how to integrate strength and stability work into your yoga classes?
- Struggling with frequently injuring and re-injuring yourself in yoga?
- Seeking non-traditional modes of strength-building?
This complete and well-rounded hip-stability and mobility-focused class explores a combination of corrective exercises and classic asanas, like standing poses, to build leg and hip strength. Enjoy a dynamic, logical and playful sequence of standing poses as well as static and dynamic hip-opening.
Learn to incorporate resistance bands and add some serious spice to some oldie-but-goodie poses!
In Hip Deep you will:
- Work on skills like building hip flexibility and stability along with core strength.
- Increase your ankle stability and find a greater sense of balance.
- Experience how working with external resistance can lead you toward a stronger and more fully-integrated experience of your hips.
- If you frequently suffer from SI joint and hamstring attachment injuries, you may acquire useful strategies for less pain and better strength and stability in these areas!
Resistance bands are provided.