- This event has passed.
Sep. 29th | Balls + Bands Flow: Hip Flexy Fluxies | Zoom Link
September 29, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm
This class is FREE for members.
Become a member here.
Already a member? Join class here.
Dropping in? Pay $15 to join live + get a 7-day replay of the class recording emailed to you after class ends.
This is the last of four weekly masterclasses in a series designed to take you progressively deeper into the theme of Balls + Bands as a means by which to soften, strengthen, and awaken a different body region for more ease, control and strength in your movement.
The theme of this class is hip-flexor focused poses and flows to strengthen and mobilize these often under-loaded, tight tissues and explore their relationship to the rest of the core musculature and front-line strength of the body. Get ready to wake up your front body through exercises that challenge your ability to flex deeply and tap into support and strength in standing, balancing, and transitioning between poses with fluidity and strength.
Each class we’ll work toward a banded flow at the end and finish by winding down with self-massage bliss. You’ll float off your mat feeling strong and relaxed.
- Two blocks and a blanket.
- Two therapy balls (about the size of a tennis ball, or just use tennis balls)
- One heavy mini band, one light mini band (if you only have one, it’s okay.)
- Two light, long resistance bands with small loops tied into each end, AKA stirrup bands (see image)
- Note: To create stirrup bands, cut two 6-foot long bands, tie loops into each end that are big enough to fit your hands and feet comfortably into. When tied, the bands should measure about 3.5-4ft. long from the end of one small loop to the end of the other.