Yoga with Resistance Bands Teacher Training
October 2 - October 3
In this training, you will learn:
- Interesting and creative ways to build strength progressively within your yoga practice
- Strategies for working more effectively with students who have pain
- How to scale and adapt exercises for different populations, including older adults, prenatal and postpartum women, and individuals with injuries
- An updated understanding of pain science
- The logistics of incorporating resistance bands into group classes
- How to use resistance bands to progress or regress yoga poses based on exercise science principles, so poses are more accessible for your students, while also feeling more challenging
Your training includes a comprehensive manual with photos of all three sequences and pose descriptions.
This weekend includes three full length workshops that are themed around a pose category:
Workshop 1: Active Hip Openers
Workshop 2: Arm Balances
Workshop 3: Backbends and inversions
All poses within the sequences will incorporate resistance bands and you will receive a manual with images and descriptions of every pose.
While you do not need to be a teacher to attend the training, it is recommended that you have a dedicated movement practice, such as yoga, Pilates, dance or martial arts. Additionally, due to how the material is structured, you might attend the entire weekend.
However, if you would like to experience a sample of what will be taught during these weekend, you are welcome to attend one of the Yoga with Resistance Bands master classes, which are open to the public and designed for students and teachers alike.
Certificate of Completion and Continuing Education Credits:
I am a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider. Students who complete this training will receive a certificate of completion. The training counts for between 14 continuing education credits for Yoga Alliance.