Movement Logic Pelvic Floor Tutorial Preview
This video offers a preview of the Pelvic Floor Tutorial video content. The Pelvic Floor Tutorial is one of two offerings in the Movement Logic curriculum.
Movement Logic With Trina Altman, Laurel Beversdorf and Sarah Court
This series of tutorials will enhance your problem-solving skills so you can work more effectively with your students and clients who are injured or in pain.
What is Movement Logic?
This collaboration came about because the three of us recognized that even with all the information out there, there’s not a lot of information on what to do with it! What a lot of teachers want are the critical thinking skills to work with students and clients who are in pain and are looking to you for help. If you’ve felt like your current knowledge base is lacking in this kind of reasoned application of movement therapy, then this is the course for you!
Each tutorial focuses on a specific body region and its common injuries and pathologies. You will build a library of knowledge and techniques that you can put to immediate use. The skills you acquire through our tutorials will deepen your teaching and help you to attract a broader clientele. You will build 3 main knowledge bases and skills sets.
- Become anatomically and biomechanically informed.
- You will review musculoskeletal anatomy to better understand how bodies move, adapt, maladapt, get injured, experience pain, and heal.
- You’ll learn common pathologies to better understand the cascade of your body’s response to tissue injury, as well as how pain is commonly patterned in response to these injuries.
- You’ll study up-to-date, biopsychosocial pain science that breaks down old beliefs in order to paint a more accurate picture of the often complicated and counterintuitive behavior of pain
- The biopsychosocial model is a holistic perspective to pain that looks at the relationship between your biology, your mind, and society, and how those elements together influence your whole body experience of pain.
Acquire teaching skills
- You will acquire corrective exercise techniques for helping private clients who have diagnosed injuries as well as those with unspecified pain.
- You’ll learn best practices for presenting these corrective exercises in a group class.
Where’s the Movement Logic Pelvic Floor Tutorial?
We have closed the cart on the Movement Logic Pelvic Floor Tutorial. Get on the waitlist here to find out when we will be making it available for purchase again.